Skip to content
- The purpose of wear plates is to reduce the friction caused by slider movement, ensure smooth slider movement and thus increase mold service life;
- There are 2 types of wear plate: ① bottom wear plate and ② back wear plate;
- 5mm higher than the mold plate, the bottom wear plate is fixed on the mold plate and has direct contact with the slider;
- 0.5mm higher than the slider, the back wear plate is fixed on the slider and has direct contact with the wedge;
- The wear plate usually measures 8mm – 10mm in height;
- The contact area between the wear plate and the slider / wedge needs to be larger than 80%; when the slider is too big, wear plate can be divided into several smaller plates depending on slider size;
- The wear plate applies the SK-3 material, which needs to be preheated.